In May 2012, the City of Orlando was awarded a US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfields Assessment Cooperative Agreement to perform assessment of sites potentially contaminated with hazardous substances and petroleum products. The funding is to be used within the Parramore Community with a focus on the Creative Village Planned Development (PD) site over a three year period. Several program objectives
have been identified, including completing an inventory of regulatory listed sites within the Parramore Community, completing a Public Health Monitoring Plan, completing a Generic Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP), performing multiple Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), and providing analyses of Brownfield Clean up Alternatives.
AEC has been involved in multiple tasks to date, including:
- Assisting in the preparation of the Generic Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP)
- Support services for a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) for the City of Orlando Recreation Complex, including site reconnaissance, User Documentation, Photographic Documentation and Phase I Review
- Support services for a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) for a location on Ossie Street in Orlando, including site reconnaissance, User Documentation, Photographic Documentation and Phase I Review
- Performing a Phase I Site Assessment (ESA) on a property comprised of two (2) adjoining parcels of vacant commercial land on West Central Boulevard within the Brownfields subject area
- Assisting in performing a Phase II Site Assessment at the Orlando Recreation Complex, including collecting soil samples for laboratory analysis, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, groundwater sample collection for laboratory analysis, a petroleum investigation screening for VOCs and laboratory analysis, and data analysis and quality review